Carnaross Mart hold a weekly sale of steers this week on Monday (October 12). Over 1,100 bullocks were entered into a sale, that left buyers with a lot to select from.
Commenting on a sale and a trade, a mart’s manager, Padraig McElroy, settled that a trade was “steady, with a large direct entrance for a some-more heavier, peculiarity continental-type store bullock”.
Sample brazen drive prices:
- Limousin: 625kg – €1,680 or €2.68/kg;
- Angus: 725kg – €1,630 or €2.24/kg;
- Hereford: 750kg – €1,620 or €2.16/kg;
- Simmental: 685kg – €1,650 or €2.40/kg.
Sample store drive prices:
- Charolais: 590kg – €1,470 or €2.49/kg;
- Limousin: 590kg – €1,440 or €2.44/kg;
- Hereford: 560kg – €1,070 or €1.91/kg;
- Simmental: 520kg – €1,250 or €2.40/kg;
- Charolais: 450kg – €1,170 or €2.60/kg;
- Angus: 480kg – €1,000 or €2.08/kg;
- Angus: 422kg – €940 or €2.22/kg;
- Hereford: 490kg – €990 or €2.02/kg.
The outlet hosted a weanling sale on Tuesday (October 13). Again, a high series of weanlings were brought brazen for sale.
Commenting on a weanling trade, Padraig mentioned: “A good trade was positively there for a peculiarity weanlings, with copiousness of business perfectionist a lighter continental weanling around 300kg.”
Speaking on a purchasers, Padraig noted: “There was a lot of rancher activity on Tuesday evening, and copiousness of northern buyers were out in force.”
Special sale of sucklers
Carnaross Mart is hosting a special sale of blurb suckler Limousin cows with calves during foot, with 25 cows entered and a series of cows carrying 5-star ratings. The sale starts subsequent Tuesday night (October 20) during 8:00pm.